BUY TIX l WATCH l LISTEN l LIVE STATS
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (Seminoles.com) – The No. 13/12 Florida State Women’s Basketball team looks to ‘Paint it Garnet’ on Thursday night against rival Miami at 7 p.m. at the Donald L. Tucker Center. The first 1,000 fans at the arena will receive special-made Garnet T-shirts, while all fans are encouraged to don their garnet attire at Thursday’s matchup.
Get ready to #PaintItGarnet! The Noles take on the Canes tomorrow at 7pm in the Tucker Center. Be sure to wear your GARNET, and the first 1,000 fans receive a free t-shirt!
Get your tickets here – https://t.co/lJ1IvmT734 pic.twitter.com/5G0xd78StX
— FSU Women’s Hoops (@fsuwbb) January 10, 2018
The big rivalry game will be televised on FOX Sports Florida and throughout the ACC’s regional sports networks. Florida State (14-2, 2-1) vs. Miami (11-5, 1-2) can also be heard on WQTL 106.1 FM and on Seminoles.com.
The two in-state rivals will be facing each other multiple times for the 14th consecutive season since Miami joined the Atlantic Coast Conference in the 2004-05 academic year. FSU returns with a road game at Miami on Feb. 11.
The Seminoles and Hurricanes play each other quite often. Over the last 1,824 days, Florida State and Miami will have squared off 15 times (including Thursday’s game), which is over a period of nearly five years. In the 2016 calendar year, the two rivals played each other four times.
Following Thursday’s game, FSU hosts Virginia Tech on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. The game will also air on FOX Sports Florida and other networks.
• Led by redshirt senior shooting guard Imani Wright, the Seminoles rank second in ACC play averaging 8.3 made 3-point field goals per game. The Hurricanes lead the conference in 3-point field goal percentage defense in ACC games, allowing just 19.1 percent to the opposition.
• Senior forward Shakayla Thomas is gearing up for her ninth game against the Hurricanes in her four-year Seminole career. Through her first eight games, she is averaging 15.0 points and 4.8 rebounds while shooting 45.3 percent (48-of-106) from the floor. Arguably her best performance against the Hurricanes came in a close 70-67 home win on Feb. 28, 2016, when she delivered 22 points in 28 minutes.
• Thursday’s game will be the ninth consecutive matchup that Florida State has been ranked in the AP Top 25 against the Hurricanes, a streak that stretches back to their meeting on Feb. 8, 2015. The Hurricanes have been ranked in six of the nine matchups, with Thursday’s contest breaking a streak of six consecutive games in which both teams played as ranked opponents.
• In three career games played against Miami (all last season), senior center Chatrice White has been an effective presence. She is averaging 13.3 points, 9.0 rebounds and shooting 52 percent (13-of-25) vs. the ‘Canes. Her first double-double as a Seminole came at Miami last season on Dec. 29, 2016 (13 points, 10 rebounds). White’s 34 career double-doubles at Illinois (24) and FSU (10) is tied for 15th among all active players in Division I.
• The Noles are 31-4 vs. Florida schools over their last 35 games, including 4-0 this season vs. UNF (109-51), at Florida (84-54), vs. Stetson (84-39) and vs. Jacksonville (82-50).