- Li’s career average of 72.19 ranks as the 12th-lowest in program history.
- Earned a tournament title at the 2018 Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate.
- 2020 PING Honorable Mention All-American.
- His 70.39 scoring average in 2019-20 ranks as the sixth-lowest in program history.
- ACC Academic Honor Roll (2018 & 2019).
- 2020 PING All-Southeast Region Team.
JAMIE LI CAREER STATS 📊
Graduate Season (2021):
- Played in two tournaments after being hampered by an injury.
- Tied for 44th at the Seminole Intercollegiate, carding a 3-over 223 (75-73-75).
- Recorded an average score of 76.83 in six rounds played in final season.
Senior Season (2019-20):*
- On target for another career year before shortened season ended, shooting a 70.39 on average.
- Despite shortened year, Li’s 70.39 scoring average ranks as fifth-lowest in a year by a Seminole.
- Recorded a 4.45 scoring average on par 5s, the lowest par 5 scoring in program history.
- Career-low -0.78 average vs. par in six tournaments played.
- Ended the collegiate season ranked 44th overall by Golfstat and 69th by Golfweek.
- Enjoyed three Top-10 finishes in 2019-20 (T4th twice; T8th).
- Last tournament played in 2019-20 was a T4 finish at Cabo Collegiate (5-under 208).
- Began the spring season tying for eighth in Mobile (7-under 209).
- Shot a 6-under 210 (71-69-70) at the White Sands Intercollegiate (T11th).
- Shot a team-best 3-under 207 (72-68-67) at the Maui Jim Intercollegiate.
- Shot a team-best even par 210 (68-71-71) at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invite (T4th).
- Earned a key 5&3 match play win vs. Ohio State at the Jack Nicklaus Invitational.
*REGULAR SEASON WAS NOT FINISHED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Junior Season (2018-19):
- Finished second on the Seminoles with a 71.75 scoring average, racking up three Top 10 finishes.
- Brought down his average score for the third straight year (74.18 – 72.07 – 71.75).
- Ranked second on the team in last-round average (71.36), par 4 scoring (4.03) and birdies (118).
- Played tremendously at the NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional, placing third out of 75 competitors with an 11-under 205 (70-70-65). He very nearly qualified as an individual for the NCAA Championship.
- Li’s career-low 65 in the final round at Myrtle Beach was the lowest round by a Seminole in NCAA post-season play since Michael Hebert shot a 64 in the final round of the 2010 Central Regional.
- Generated eight rounds in the 60s, his most in a single year at FSU.
- Tied for sixth at the Seminole Intercollegiate, shooting a 3-under 213 (75-69-69).
- Tied for 10th at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate, shooting a 3-under 210 (68-70-72).
- Joined John Pak as the two Seminoles who played in all 11 events in 2018-19.
Sophomore Season (2017-18):
- Developed greatly as a sophomore, finishing third on FSU with a 72.07 scoring average.
- Earned three Top 10 finishes, including co-winning the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate on Feb. 13, 2018.
- Totaled the lowest bogeys per round on the team at 2.38.
- Second on FSU in par 5 scoring, averaging 4.75 on the longest holes.
- Produced the 10th lowest par 4 scoring average in a season in program history (4.0482).
- His scoring average is the 13th lowest in a season in program history.
- Finished under par in five events played, highlighted by his career low 11-under 205 when he co-won the Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate with teammate Harry Ellis.
- Tied for second at the Seminole Intercollegiate, shooting a 5-under 211 at Golden Eagle Country Club.
- Finished ninth at the Querencia Cabo Collegiate on March 6 (-1 212), his third consecutive Top 10 finish.
- Tied for 16th at the Marquette Intercollegiate and tied for 18th at the Gary Koch Invitational.
- Recorded seven rounds in the 60s after totaling one round in the 60s as a freshman.
- Had 15 rounds at par or less, more than half of his 29 rounds played.
- Carded a career-low 66 (-6) in the second round of the Seminole Intercollegiate.
Freshman Season (2016-17):
- Participated in four tournaments, producing a 74.18 shooting average and +3 vs. par.
- Tied for 18th at the Southern Intercollegiate, shooting even-par (73-71) on March 13, 2017.
- Shot 1-over (71-69-77) at the Seminole Intercollegiate, tying for 34th.
- Lowest round of the year included a 3-under 69 in the second round of the Seminole Intercollegiate.
Before Florida State:
- Won the 2015 Daily Telegraph Junior Championship after shooting a 5-under 211.
- Showed resilience down the stretch of that tournament to win by one stroke.
- Also competed multiple times on the England U18 Team in both the European Championships and the International Tournament.
- Consistently shows excellent ball-striking abilities.
All About Me:
- Parents: Ray and Maria Li.
- Major: Geography- Business Minor.
- Nickname: Jamo..
- What’s a good story about you growing up? I played a lot of different sports growing up and golf was the last one I picked up.
- Explain the first job you ever had: I worked in my dad’s Chinese takeaway.
- How did you fall in love with golf? I fell in love with golf by watching my dad hit balls in the garden and playing holes with him at our local golf course.
- Up to this point, what’s the greatest thing that’s happened in your life? Attending Florida State.
- Who are some of the professional golfers you idolize? Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy.
- My favorite club in my bag is: 46 degree wedge because I like hitting lots of different types of shots with it.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: of the facilities.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I am a big Arsenal fan.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? Stick to the process.
- If you could pick one person to meet, who would it be and why? Thierry Henry. He’s my favorite athlete.
- Which social media platform is your favorite and why? Twitter. It is good for news and finding funny tweets.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Arsenal, photography and cats.
- If you could choose a song to be introduced to coming out to the first tee, what would it be? Monster by Yung Lean.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? Never give up on anything.
- Do you have a hidden talent? Playing the drums.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Travel the world.
- Play in the Master’s.
- What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to overcome in your life? Moving to the U.S. from England.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? The entire network of people.
- What skill or craft would you love to master someday? I would love to learn to skateboard.
Jamie Li By The Numbers:
- Round: 65 (NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional, Spring 2019).
- Tournament: 205 (Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate, Spring 2018; NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional, Spring 2019).
- Best Finish: T1 (Mobile Sports Authority Intercollegiate, Spring 2018).