- 2019 All-ACC Academic Men’s Golf Team.
- ACC Academic Honor Roll (2019).
Junior Season (2018-19):
- Shot a 73.10 average in four events played as a junior.
- His scoring average was the lowest of his career.
- Was an alternate for the final round of the NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional, shooting a 69 to help give FSU a chance to advance to the NCAA Championship.
- Tied for 31st at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invitational, shooting a 9-over 219.
- Had a second-round score of 68 at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invitational.
- Participated at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate.
- Shot an 8-over 224 at the Rod Myers Invitational.
Sophomore Season (2017-18):
- Had a scoring average of 74.29 in 17 rounds played in 2017-18.
- Had four rounds at par or less.
- Tied for second at the USA Individual Tournament in Mobile, Ala., carding a 1-under 212.
- Was bolstered by a final-round 67 at the USA Individual Tournament, a career-low.
- Nearly lowered his scoring average by a whole stroke from his freshman year.
Freshman Season (2016-17):
- Played in three tournaments, including the Sea Best Invitational, Querencia Cabo Collegiate and Seminole Intercollegiate.
Before Florida State:
- Solid prospect out of Shorecrest Prep in Clearwater, Fla.
- Emerged victorious on the famous TPC Swagrass course in Ponte Vedra, Fla., winning the Florida Junior Tour title.
- Was recruited by head coach Trey Jones when he was 14 years old.
- Finished second in the state championship as a senior.
- Named Bright House Sports Network’s Athlete of the Week in Nov. 2015 after claiming second place at the Class 1A state tournament.
- First place in Florida Junior Tour event at Southwood.
- Also finished second in competitive tournaments such as the Doral Publix Junior Classic and the 2012 state boys championship.
- Tampa Bay Times Player of the Year as a senior.
- Three-time Tampa Bay Times First Team player.
- Three-time team MVP.
- Dean’s List and honor roll student in high school.
All About Me:
- Parents: Greg and Tina Porter.
- Major: Finance
- How did you first start getting into golf? When I was young my dad introduced me to the game, and over the years of being accustomed to the game I realized how personal the game is. It’s such an individual sport.
- What would you say is your greatest golf moment so far? Winning a four-man playoff at TPC Sawgrass. Mainly because it gave me a lot of confidence.
- Who is your favorite professional golfer? Rory McIlroy because I love how he has power and precision in his golf game. I think he has a lot of class off the course as well.
- My favorite club in my bag is: Putter because it is called the great equalizer and I totally agree with that. High confidence in putting leads to more confidence in every club in your bag.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: I love the atmosphere here along with the facilities we have access to. The competition I compete against on a daily basis is a big advantage.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I like to dance and wakeboard.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? To never give up and always try your hardest. I truly take pride in this.
- What music are you currently listening to? Chill House and EDM mainly. Mostly every genre though.
- What shows are you currently watching? Blacklist.
- What’s your favorite movie? Pursuit of Happyness.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Hanging out with friends and exploring the outdoors.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? How to be a gentleman and respect what other people are doing. I’ve learned from golf that there are different ways to do different things.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Travel around Europe.
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks.
- Take my parents on a trip out of the country – full expenses paid.
- If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? Superman because he is the strongest, fastest and smartest.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? The culture at the school is great because everybody I’ve seen to meet is very personable and loves the school. There is a lot of optimism here.
Greyson Porter By The Numbers:
- Round: 67 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).
- Tournament: 212 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).
- Best Finish: T2 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).