Graduate Season (2021):
- Competed in three tournaments, shooting 73.44 with one Top 10 finish.
- Tied for ninth at the Camp Creek Invitational, shooting a 2-under 214 (71-70-73).
- Defeated UNC’s Austin Hitt 5&4 in match play of the ACC Semifinals.
- Also competed at the Timuquana Collegiate and the Seminole Intercollegiate.
- Had four rounds at par or better in nine rounds played.
Senior Season (2019-20):*
- Shot a 12-over 222 (73-81-68) at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invite (T54th).
- Came through with a big 3&2 win vs. Ohio State at the Jack Nicklaus Invitational.
- Did not compete in the shortened spring season.
*REGULAR SEASON WAS NOT FINISHED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Junior Season (2018-19):
- Shot a 73.10 average in four events played as a junior.
- His scoring average was the lowest of his career.
- Was an alternate for the final round of the NCAA Myrtle Beach Regional, shooting a 69 to help give FSU a chance to advance to the NCAA Championship.
- Tied for 31st at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invitational, shooting a 9-over 219.
- Had a second-round score of 68 at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invitational.
- Participated at the Irish Creek Intercollegiate.
- Shot an 8-over 224 at the Rod Myers Invitational.
Sophomore Season (2017-18):
- Had a scoring average of 74.29 in 17 rounds played in 2017-18.
- Had four rounds at par or less.
- Tied for second at the USA Individual Tournament in Mobile, Ala., carding a 1-under 212.
- Was bolstered by a final-round 67 at the USA Individual Tournament, a career-low.
- Nearly lowered his scoring average by a whole stroke from his freshman year.
Freshman Season (2016-17):
- Played in three tournaments, including the Sea Best Invitational, Querencia Cabo Collegiate and Seminole Intercollegiate.
Before Florida State:
- Solid prospect out of Shorecrest Prep in Clearwater, Fla.
- Emerged victorious on the famous TPC Swagrass course in Ponte Vedra, Fla., winning the Florida Junior Tour title.
- Was recruited by head coach Trey Jones when he was 14 years old.
- Finished second in the state championship as a senior.
- Named Bright House Sports Network’s Athlete of the Week in Nov. 2015 after claiming second place at the Class 1A state tournament.
- First place in Florida Junior Tour event at Southwood.
- Also finished second in competitive tournaments such as the Doral Publix Junior Classic and the 2012 state boys championship.
- Tampa Bay Times Player of the Year as a senior.
- Three-time Tampa Bay Times First Team player.
- Three-time team MVP.
- Dean’s List and honor roll student in high school.
All About Me:
- Parents: Greg and Tina Porter.
- Major: Finance.
- Nickname: G.
- What’s a good story about you growing up? I have broken my foot, arm, finger, and have split my head open.
- How did you fall in love with golf? I fell in love with golf by chipping balls in my backyard with my dad.
- Explain the first job you ever had: My first job was to be a captain last year and it was one of the most satisfying things I have done because my job is to make everyone better.
- What are some obstacles you’ve had to overcome? Coming to college and having responsibilities for myself.
- Who are some of the professional golfers you idolize? Rory McIlroy and Brooks Koepka.
- What is something many people don’t know about you? I love to wakeboard.
- My favorite club in my bag is: Putter because it is called the great equalizer and I totally agree with that. High confidence in putting leads to more confidence in every club in your bag.
- If you could pick one person to meet, who would it be and why? Tony Robbins, because he is one of the most successful, influential entrepreneurs in the world and knows how to make anybody better.
- Which social media platform is your favorite? Instagram.
- I chose to play for Florida State Men’s Golf because: Because of the coaching staff along with how the program operates.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Becoming a better person, wakeboarding and helping out less fortunate kids.
- What is the best advice you have ever received? To never give up and always try your hardest. I truly take pride in this.
- If you could choose a song to be introduced to coming out to the first tee, what would it be? Bloom by Odesza.
- What is one topic outside of golf that you could have a long conversation about? Perspective of life.
- What is the single greatest lesson golf has taught you? How to be a gentleman and respect what other people are doing. I’ve learned from golf that there are different ways to do different things.
- What are the top three things on your bucket list?
- Travel around Europe.
- Cage diving with Great White Sharks.
- Take my parents on a trip out of the country – full expenses paid.
- If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? Superman because he is the strongest, fastest and smartest.
- Up to this point, what’s the greatest thing that’s happened in your life? Being a part of the Florida State golf team here.
- What makes Florida State University a great place? The culture at the school is great because everybody I’ve seen to meet is very personable and loves the school. There is a lot of optimism here.
- What skill or craft would you love to master someday? I would love become a very good public speaker.
Greyson Porter By The Numbers:
- Round: 67 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).
- Tournament: 212 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).
- Best Finish: T2 (USA Individual Tournament, Spring 2018).