Camden Hills Regional
- 2021 PING Southeast Region Team.
- Two-time ACC Academic Honor Roll member (2020, 2021).
📊 COLE ANDERSON CAREER STATS
Redshirt Sophomore Season (2021-22):
- Went 2-1 at the Barbara Nicklaus Cup.
- Shot a 3-under par 210 (68-72-70) placing T31 at the Cabo Collegiate Invitational.
- Tied for third at the All-American Intercollegiate, shooting a 2-under 142 (76-66) in two rounds of play.
- Tied for 17th at the Valspar Collegiate Invitational at 3-over (68-74-68).
- Tied for 22nd in stroke play at the ACC Championship, shooting 2-under (71-71-72).
Redshirt Freshman Season (2020-21):
- Finished fourth on the Seminoles averaging 72.79 and +0.76 vs. par.
- Played in seven tournaments and 21 rounds, recording eight rounds at par or less.
- Tied for sixth at the Seminole Intercollegiate, shooting a 6-under 210 (71-69-70).
- Finished in the Top 15 in three of his seven tournaments played.
- Tied for 14th at the NCAA Tallahassee Regional at the Seminole Legacy Club, shooting a 4-under 212 (68-70-74).
- Tied for 15th at the Camp Creek Seminole Invitational, carding a 1-under 215 (67-73-75).
- His low round included a 67 in the first round of the Camp Creek Seminole Invitational.
Freshman Season (2019-20):*
- Finished third on FSU in its shortened season with a 72.44 scoring average.
- Joined Jamie Li and Calvin Sierota as the only Seminoles to play in all six stroke-play tournaments in 2019-20.
- Garnered his first Top 10 finish at the Seminole Intercollegiate (1-over 217).
- Had two rounds in the 60s (first-round 66 at Maui Jim; first-round 69 in Cabo).
- Shot Even-par 216 (74-71-71) at the White Sands Intercollegiate (T40th).
- Finished 1-0-1 at the Jack Nicklaus Invitational (match play).
- Shot a 10-over 220 (66-76-78) at the Maui Jim Intercollegiate (T67th).
- Shot a 6-over 216 (71-74-71) at the OFCC/Fighting Illini Invite (T27th).
*REGULAR SEASON WAS NOT FINISHED DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Freshman Season (2019):
- Enrolled early at Florida State University, beginning in January 2019.
- Did not compete for the Seminoles in his first semester.
Before Florida State:
- Became one of the top golfers in his home state of Maine.
- Won the 100th Maine Amateur in 2019, carding a 9-under 201.
- Led the 2019 Maine Amateur at Portland Country Club from start to finish, winning by eight strokes.
- Three-time Maine Class A high school champion at Camden Hills Regional High School.
- Four-time all-conference class A selection (2015-18).
- Maine State Match Play Invitational champion (2018).
- New England PGA junior champion (2017).
- Won the Samoset Resort Club title (2016 and 2017).
- AJGA Coca-Cola junior champion (2017 and 2018).
- New England Golf Association Junior individual champion (2016).
- Portland Press Herald High School Golfer of the Year (2015).
- Committed to Florida State University in February 2017.
- Three-year player on his high school’s varsity baseball team.
All About Me:
- What’s a good story about you growing up? I don’t know if it’s a good story, but when I was 4-5 years old I broke the same bone in my arm on Columbus Day two years in a row.
- Explain the first job you ever had: Bagging groceries.
- How did you fall in love with golf? I fell in love with golf by playing once with my friend at 10 years old and playing ever since.
- Who are some of the professional golfers you idolize? Brooks Koepka and Tiger Woods.
- What are some obstacles you’ve had to overcome? I grew up in a town where not a lot of people played competitive sports so I have to find my own competition and inspiration a lot.
- If you could pick one person to meet, who would it be and why? Tony Robbins. He is a very inspirational person and I have always wanted to pick his brain.
- Which social media platform is your favorite and why? Twitter, because I think it has the most entertaining content.
- What is the biggest reason you chose FSU? I chose Florida State because I felt like it is the best university in the country for me to chase my dreams.
- Outside of golf, what are some of your passions in life? Baseball and Hockey.
- If you could choose a song to be introduced to coming out to the first tee, what would it be? Two-Step by Dave Matthews.
- What is one topic outside of golf that you could have a long conversation about? The Red Sox.
- Up to this point, what’s the greatest thing that’s happened in your life? Signing my letter of intent to play golf at Florida State.
- What skill or craft would you love to master someday? I would love to learn how to play the guitar.
COLE ANDERSON BY THE NUMBERS:
- Round: 66 (Maui Jim Intercollegiate, Fall 2019).
- Tournament: 210 (Seminole Intercollegiate, Spring 2021).
- Best Finish: T6 (Seminole Intercollegiate, Spring 2021).