TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – The No. 15/25 Florida State swimming and diving teams open championship season by competing at the Auburn Invite from Feb. 7-9 at the James E. Martin Aquatics Center.
“We have some great things coming this weekend,” FSU head coach Neal Studd said. “We’re excited to see what they can do. The team looks great and they’re ready to swim fast.”
- RV/14 Auburn, No. 9/8 Florida, RV/18 Alabama, NR/17 LSU, Vanderbilt and Emory will be competing in addition to No. 15/25 FSU.
- Prelims each day will start at 10:30 a.m. Finals on Friday and Saturday will begin at 6 p.m. and Sunday at 4 p.m.
- The meet will follow an NCAA championship format.
- Friday’s events will entail 200 free relay, 500 free, 200 IM, 50 Free, 400 medley relay and 1-meter diving.
- Saturday’s races will be the 200 medley relay, 400 IM, 200 free, 100 fly, 100 breast, 100 back, 800 free relay and 3-meter diving.
- Sunday’s events will feature the 1650 free, 200 back, 100 free, 200 breast, 200 fly, 400 free relay and platform.
- The top 16 from prelims in each individual event will compete at finals.
- This will be the third time this season the Seminoles have competed against Alabama and Florida, and second time seeing LSU.
- Live results will be available on the meet mobile app.
The Last Time Out
- The Seminoles defeated Miami and Florida Atlantic on senior day. The men downed the Owls, 247-53 while the women beat the Hurricanes 230-64 and FAU 234-62.
- The men finished the season 6-3, 2-1 ACC while the women went 7-5, 2-2 ACC.
- Newcomer Balazs Berecz won the 200 breast (2:04.04) and 200 IM (1:51.83) after placing second in the 200 free (1:39.97) in his FSU debut.
- Both squads were named to the CSCAA Scholar All-America list for the Fall of 2019.
For more information on FSU Swimming and diving visit Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.