Oct. 26, 2011
REDSHIRT FRESHMAN LIBERO Katie Mosher
1. What is your favorite thing to eat after a long practice or match?
Anything! I am always starving after a match or practice. Whatever is the most convenient to prepare or buy.
2. If someone were to direct a movie about you, what would it be called and who would you want to play you?
That’s a really hard question. I don’t know. Maybe a comedy about me and my roommates’ lives right now. I live with fellow teammates Ashley Neff, Elise Walch and a best friend from high school, Mary Keezel. We have so much fun living together and with all our other friends and teammates. It would make a good comedy for sure. I’m not quite sure what I would want to call it though. Who would I want to play me? Probably Kate Hudson.
3. Other than volleyball, what other sports might you play?
Beach Volleyball. Growing up in Florida I was lucky enough to get to travel all over playing in beach volleyball events. I also played basketball from the time I was in grade school through my junior year in high school.
4. What one fictional character would you want to be and why?
If I could be any fictional character I would want to be able to have some kind of super power. I would want to have a mix between Human Torch and the Invisible woman from Fantastic Four because that way you can fly and be invisible. That’d be pretty awesome!
5. What are your career aspirations following your volleyball-playing days?
I hope to own my own business. My dad and his business partner invented Bagel Bites, so that kind of entrepreneurial spirit runs in our family. I also can’t see myself giving up volleyball so coaching volleyball in some way will also be a big part of my future, maybe at the club level or high school level.
6. How did last year’s redshirt season help improve your game?
It gave me the opportunity to adjust to the DI level and improve my skills. I was lucky to be able to learn from two great senior liberos last year in Jenna Romanelli and Taylor Wilson. They were so supportive and helped me learn so much about the game and the expectations of the libero position at FSU. I feel like I am a better player having last season to learn from them and the coaches.
7. What excites you most about playing at Tully Gym?
The amazing fans and the great atmosphere make Tully Gym so much fun to play in. The crowd feels like they are right there with you on the court and everyone is part of the action. Also, the FSU Band is incredible and when they play the war chant and everyone joins in with the cheerleaders it’s such an atmosphere of team spirit. It’s a huge home court advantage!
JUNIOR DEFENSIVE SPECIALIST Kalee Schlabach
1. If you were to win $20 million at the lottery, how would you spend it?
I would first give 10 percent in tithes, then after that I would buy a house, a new car for my mom because she has sacrificed for me to have a nice vehicle 🙂 I would give some money to Cancer Research and the rest I would use for me and loved ones for fun!
2. What is it like to play volleyball at Florida State?
Playing at Florida State is an absolute privilege for me. The competition is great and the support is amazing! It’s a dream come true.
3. Describe your daily routine during the playing season
Wake up early for school, classes all day until practice, then after practice usually spend some down time to relax and catch up on things. Then to bed early to prepare for the next long day. Oh and I can’t forget Jimmy Johns every day for lunch!
4. How did you start getting into the sport of volleyball?
I tried dance for a while but I wasn’t the most graceful kid so i decided I definitely needed to try something that didn’t take as much grace. My first coach Ronnie Allen begged me to start playing on his travel team when I was in fifth grade. So from there I have been playing volleyball ever since and can’t get enough!
5. If someone were to write a biography on you, what would it be called and why?
“Small Town Girl Fulfilling Big Dreams” would be the title because coming from a small town like Arcadia, Fla., there wasn’t much opportunity for volleyball. Being able to make it to Division I volleyball was a big accomplishment for me and I certainly worked hard to get where I am and couldn’t be happier!
6. What song gets you pumped before a practice or match? Do you tend to dance to this song?
Party Rock by LMFAO! And yes, I definitely dance to this song!
7. What is the best advice you ever received?
From my Dad – “Don’t worry about what other people think of you.”