Tallahassee, Fla. – The Florida State women’s tennis team is set to host the 2019 ITA Southeast Regional Championships this weekend. The tournament runs from Thursday, Oct. 17 through Monday, Oct. 21 at the Scott Speicher Tennis Center in Tallahassee, Fla.
The five-day tournament is one of the 12 regional championships occurring around the country. The Noles will be one of the 17 teams competing in the southeast region alongside UCF, Florida, FGCU, Mercer, UNF, Georgia, Georgia Southern, Georgia State, Georgia Tech, Kennesaw State, Miami, FAMU, FAU, FIU USF, and Stetson.
The main draw for singles features a 64 player draw and the doubles draw consists of 32 doubles pairs. Qualifying matches will be held on Thursday (Oct. 17) at 9 a.m. with two rounds of singles and one round of doubles. All seven Seminoles qualified for the main draw and will begin competition on Friday (Oct. 18) at 9 a.m. with one round of doubles before two rounds of singles. Play concludes on Monday (Oct. 21) with the singles and doubles main draw and consolation finals.
The singles and doubles champions from each of the ITA Division I Regional championships held across the country will earn an automatic bid into the 2019 Oracle ITA National Fall Championships Nov. 6-10 in Newport Beach, Calif.
Draws and results can be found at: https://courthive.com/t/31422?
Click on ITA logo, ITA DI Southeast Regional Championship, Info/Events
Keep up with the Seminoles by visiting Seminoles.com for the latest news and scheduling information, or keep up with the team on social media via Twitter (@FSU_WTennis), Facebook (/FSUWTennis), and Instagram (@FSUWTennis).
Thursday, Oct. 17 – Qualifying Draw – 1 Round of Doubles, 2 Rounds of Singles
– Singles begin at 9 a.m. followed by doubles
Friday, Oct. 18 – Main Draw – Doubles Round of 32, Singles Rounds of 64 and 32
– Doubles begin at 8 a.m. followed by the singles round of 64
Saturday, Oct. 19 – Main Draw – Doubles Round of 16, Singles Round of 16; Consolation
– 9 a.m. Doubles round of 16
– 10 a.m. Doubles quarterfinals
– 1 p.m. Singles round of 16
(Consolation all day)
Sunday, Oct. 20 – Main Draw – Doubles semifinals, Singles quarterfinals and semifinals; Consolation
– 9 a.m. Doubles Semifinals followed by singles quarterfinals and semifinals
(Consolation all day)
Monday, Oct. 21 – Main Draw – Doubles and Singles Finals; Consolation Singles and Doubles Finals
– Play begins at 9 a.m.
– No-ad scoring will be used in all ITA singles and doubles matches
– Singles will be 2-out-of-3 sets except for Consolation matches which will play a 10-point Match Tiebreak in lieu of a third set.
– In all ITA Regional Championship events, a doubles match must consist of a minimum of an 8-game pro set (tiebreak at 7-all), with the semifinals and finals doubles matches consisting of 2-out-of-3 sets, with a 10-point Match Tiebreak in lieu of a third set